5 Reasons to Start an Online Business.
There has never been an easier or better time to start your own business. With the advent of computers and the internet the playing field has been leveled and suddenly you are able to compete with the big boys regardless of your education, income or location.
Never before have we had so much technology at our fingertips. With computers and software you can design your own web sites, produce and edit videos, create artwork, write and publish books, control your finances, pay bills, buy and sell stocks, talk to someone on the other side of the world, purchase products online and have it delivered to your door and much more.
There are many benefits to starting an online venture, but I will start with just five.
- Starting an online business is not only inexpensive, but also easy to get up and running in a very short amount of time. If you already have a computer you can have your own website for about $20 (the cost of a domain name and hosting service).
- Your time is more flexible, you can choose what days to work and how many hours. If you need to get something done in the middle of the day you can take care of it without having to ask permission.
- You have the freedom to work where you want. As long as you have an internet connection you can work anywhere in the world (as well as working in your shorts or P.J.’s).
- Your growth and income potential is up to you not your boss. If you need a raise, you can give yourself one. You don’t need to beg someone who doesn’t recognize your hard work or appreciate your contributions to the company.
- Once you get things set up your business will generate income for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can make money while you are sleeping, out shopping or on vacation.
When you have a business online you have access to people worldwide, not just in your city or country. I’ll never forget something that I learned in one of my sales and marketing classes, the instructor told us that 95% of the world’s population is outside of the U.S. Ninety-five percent!
I had never thought about it like that before. Instead of only focusing on the USA, I needed to expand my reach and start thinking globally. With the inception of the internet and online entrepreneurship you have the entire world at your fingertips.